Thursday, April 25, 2019

"Dreams Big" By _pk_Nobody_

Dreams Big

Chapter - 2

First Dream

Let's do not deviate from our story and try to remember our first dream that we use to see when we are taught alphabets in nursery school. A for an astronaut, B for batsman/bowler, C for a cricketer, D for doctor/dancer, F for a footballer, E for an engineer, P for pilot/police, N for Nurse are few words that we learn in nursery school and dream to become the same in future. In my case, the first dream that I remember was to become a cricketer like Rahul Dravid. There is no doubt that Rahul Dravid, in his time, was one of the best technical batsmen in the whole world, and I like the tag of 'wall' that was given to him by others. Though he had now retired from the Indian cricket team, he is still one of my most favorite cricketers. Currently, he oversees Batting Consultant for the Indian team, and also he is the head coach for the Under-19 and 'A' teams. Every year he is preparing new players for the Indian cricket team. Even, Under-19 Cricket world cup of 2018 was won by the Indian cricket team under his guidance only.  


The first dream also means that it was the first time when my hopes got born. My thoughts were getting wings like birds that were eagerly wanted to fly high in the sky. As I tried to become batsman like Rahul Dravid, therefore, cricket became my favorite outdoor game. In childhood, I played a lot of cricket with my younger brother Rajeev. Whether in a proper playground, in the streets, on the terrace, or even inside the house. Among two younger brothers and a sister, Rajeev is my first more youthful brother, and he had been one of the best companions of my life. I and he, many times we used to get punishments and even got beaten by our mother for playing outdoor cricket the whole day and coming home late in the evening.

I remember once we both were trying to make wickets from solid stone bricks, and suddenly my brother Rajeev dropped one stone brick on my right foot, and my foot got swollen for the next 3 weeks with a lot of pain. In those days, I couldn't be able to walk correctly. I know it is a little funny to read all this past story of my life, but it is a hundred percent true and real occurred events. And it makes me feel good to remember those days. Those days were really full of innocent activities, plays, and pranks.

As I told you earlier, becoming batsman like Rahul Dravid was my first dream that I remember, but because of many twists and turns now, the goal of my life have changed. But still, Rahul Dravid is my favorite batsman. Like me, you all were also having some first dream of your life, just put some pressure on your brain and try to remember that dream and those golden days of life.    

To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment